Thursday, May 6, 2010

More on Terminology and an Oops

Oops!  I got this ready to post and forgot to do it Sunday afternoon.  Thanks, Friend, for reminding me.

Thanks so much for the comments to the previous post, also to those who know me and have called with comments.  All are thoughtful and sobering.  Many show the pain the mother is still feeling.  The only way that I can relate is having a little boy who died at 13 months and one at 33 hours plus several miscarriages.  I know one does not forget any of them, but at least, I know what happened to them.

There are some things I do know.  Whatever I say, I will offend someone.  Some will think I am making the matter worse and perhaps I am even though that is not my intent.  I find that folks who “know nothing about adoption” has a terrible time figuring out what the fuss is all about.  I do know for myself, that I will continue to try to bring all the factions together so we can work on all of the issues together.  I also know as one woman told me, “Alice, you will be the most hated or the most loved person on the planet if you can do what you ae trying to do.”  I suspect it will be the first of the two.  I will risk it if I can ease even a few people’s pain.


 Adoption Forum: Intimate Discussions to Unite the Triad in HealingMother and Child 



Until next time,
Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment